Tuesday 4 March 2014

How to look the best at everything

A little while back my sister headed off to London & Paris for a week.. jealous much. If you've been following me on Twitter you'll know I tweeted saying you know you're raising your baby sister right when she comes home with the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette and two Benefit sets! One of those was a gift for me which I was pretty stoked about because Benefit isn't that easy come by where I live!

Katie got me the 'How To Look the Best At Everything' in the shade light which is essentially a flawless complexion kit. As I said it was a gift so I didn't ask about prices or anything like that.. little rude I think. However I can tell you about all the little goodies that came inside!

The products include:

The ever so raved about Porefessional Primer.
Hello Flawless foundation in Ivory 
Boi-ing concealer in shade 01 & 02
'I Love Me' powder in Ivory too.. How cute is that name?
A mini Benefit brush - much like the ones that come in the boxed blushes.

First of all, I can say that hype around the Porefessional is well deserved, it's an amazing nude primer that really does minimise my pores and helps my foundation last much longer. I'm lucky enough to have received an extra sample of this from Benefit themselves so I'll be sorted for a while!

The Hello Flawless foundation looks shockingly dark in the tube, I was almost scared to test it but it is a really good match for my skin tone. It's very blendable and it's lasting power is pretty impressive, I work most days and it's been a lifesaver - I've also been loving the L'Oreal True Match one too, but more on that another day!

Boi-ing is a product that I've read about so many times on tons of different beauty blogs and it's reputation seems solid! I haven't tried it yet because I'm still having a love affair with the 17 Phowarr Paint but I'm feeling optimistic! The fact that the kit allows you to try two different shades is great too depending on your undertone. I can see myself reaching for 01 more, and 02 when I'm a little more tan.

The powder, with it's adorable name, is a great little product too. It matches everything else in the kit really well, it's just annoying that you can't take it out and carry it around with you like you can the other products. That's the only complaint I have really!

All in all, I think this kit is a really great way to try out Benefit's base products without having to fork out the full price for everything. My sister got herself a different type of kit, I might pop a post up about that one to show you the difference and her thoughts on it?

Have you tried any of these products? Holy grail potentials? 




No comments:

Post a Comment